Friday, March 25, 2011

International Waffle Day!

Just finished making waffle mix for my branch library.  They are planning on celebrating International Waffle Day by serving waffles to patrons today.






I have a great recipe for "Yeast Waffles" given to me many years ago by my sister-in-law, Polly. We make it every Christmas for our Christmas morning breakfast.  It is a tradition we started when my Mom was still with us.  It was her request that we serve it with link sausage, her favorite.  


I am hoping there is some mix left over after the library celebration!


I am glad to share the recipe with you.  What is really great is that the mix will keep up to two weeks in the fridge.


YEAST WAFFLES

Beat: 2  Eggs

Add:        1 tsp. salt
            1 TBS Sugar
            1/2 C. Vegetable Oil
            1 pkg.Yeast in
             1/4 C. Warm Water

Add incrementally:        2 C. Milk
                          3 C. Flour

Make at least one day before using.
Put in a large container.  Keeps at least 2 weeks in Frig.

0 comments:

Post a Comment